Monday, September 19, 2011

Confessions of an Alyse

1. Inevitably, my favorite songs are break-up songs.

2. I eat dessert first. And last.

3. I'm scared of having a hunchback when I'm older--but apparently not scared enough to work on my posture.

4. The ONLY time I would run is if my life is in peril, or if I'm late for a flight.

5. I'd love to have plants and I dream of having a garden one day, but I have the opposite of a green thumb.

6. I'm not a fan of sharks, crocodiles, bears, snakes, and basically any other wild animal.

7. I will not watch scary movies/shows. I will have nightmares for weeks! (If not years). And yes, "Murder She Wrote" counts as a scary show.

8. Carlos and I have struggled with infertility for a few (or several?) years now. It's not something we ever really spoke to people about. No one in my family dealt with it (if you look up prolific or fertile in the dictionary, my family's picture will be there), and I didn't really know anyone well who had gone through it. It's taken me years, but I can actually talk about it now without dissolving into tears, well--usually. I know now that it's fairly common, much more than you'd think. And as much as I wish we didn't have to go through this, right now I'm okay with it. Having studied the grieving process before, its totally different to actually experience it. I hope that I've learned something and grown from our experience. I know that it has changed me/us. I know many people have been praying for us for a long time. Thank you. We really do appreciate your prayers and feel strengthened because of them. For those who are suffering with this, you're not alone, and you have a willing listener here. For everyone else, please give your darling babies a hug and a kiss for me, and remember how incredibly blessed you are.

8 comments:

Kayli said...

I like these confessions and this Alyse! I will kiss my kids and say prayers for you.

Kim Davis said...

*hugs* from WL. <3

I will kiss my kiddo for you and send my prayers to the man upstairs.

Bekah said...

Alyse, you probably have no idea that I read your blog. But I love it :) You're so great! And I love that your favorite songs are break up songs even though you're married. Those are my favorite too. Praying for you!

Alisha Erin said...

I think about you and Chase and Joni Taylor a lot. It seems like the people I know who are best with kids struggle with this. We send prayers for you. *hugs*

Stephanie said...

I kiss Eliza every day for you. We're on the list of people praying you get to kiss your own sweet baby every day for me very, very soon.

Lara said...

Sweet Alyse, that is such a long hard wait. You are both such amazing people and are going to be the most fantastic parents when that day comes. XOXO

kate said...

With this post, you made me laugh, ...and cry. Why you always gotta do that. Love you so much dear!

Tami Allred said...

Why didn't you warn me that I would need tissues? Man, my heart goes out to you guys. This will be one of my questions in the next life, Why are children born to those who don't want them when so many do?