Greetings from Arizona, a.k.a. the Grand Canyon State, the land of unending sunshine and pristine pools, the "other Zion," my home sweet home, or whatever name you'd like to call it. It is hotter than Hades here. How I went from Luxembourg to Arizona--well, there are several adventures in between that need to be told with full justice that I cannot now give them. Not the least of these was our exciting trip to Switzerland to see the Bells, who were gracious enough to host us and show us around their unbelievably beautiful countryside. And because I don't even have access to any of my pictures (they're all still on our computer in Portugal), that will all have to wait. I am very sorry. So, getting up to speed. I'm in Arizona. My husband is still in Lisbon. I'm stuck on the couch with a large and heavy cast/bandage from my foot surgery a week ago (yes, I have not left my house or worn make up now for over a week! I'm hoping that's a record...hoping). I'm playing the only child at home receiving the doting attention of my parents (I always knew that deep down I was the favorite) and enjoying my brothers and sisters that frequently come by to nurse me back to health--especially when they come bringing me my favorite ice creams and Jamba's. No, I didn't break anything, and yes, it was planned. But, I'll tell you all about my ugly feet another time. First, my new favorite word: haboob. It's the Arabic word for a sand/dust storm. Little did I know Tuesday night that we were about to be engulfed in a haboob. In fact, I'd never heard this word before. Check out how cool and apocalyptic this is.
See, Arizona can be interesting too! Anyone else see a haboob recently? :)
2 comments:
that is definately cool. where in Arizona did that happen?
Wow, that was neat, although I bet it was rather dirty after :) Hope you heal quickly.
(oh this is Charity!)
Post a Comment