Carlos and I meant to go and hike Zions this summer...we didn't. But on our impromptu trip to the Algarve last month, it almost felt like we were there--except with the huge bonus of the beach* (with warm water--yay!!!).
*Don't worry, this contains no pictures of us in bathing suits, or any Europeans in a lack thereof--as that would emotionally scar us as well as any viewers. (You're welcome).
This is next to the elevator that takes you down to the beach--almost seems wrong, doesn't it?
The rocks were gorgeous!
Walking on the beach at sunset.
Can you tell I need photography lessons? Help please!
Blinded by the sun
The sky was perfect.
I love this picture.
The happy couple: "Hip, hip hooray for a weekend at the beach!"
As soon as the sun went down everything became misty. I love the texture of the water, the dark sand, the background, and everything about this.
I have photoshop, but didn't edit any of these--as I have no idea how to. I think it's time to learn!
Obviously, not the beach. This is back in the courtyard of our resort (thank you travel points for the free trip!), and is a perfect example of Portuguese painted tiles. They tile both the inside and outside of buildings. I really need to take pictures around the city to show you more. I think it's fascinating.
We spent the next day body surfing the waves with a new friend--Igor, a teenager from Belgium--I think. He was 17. I thought he was 12. Whoops. We also spent some time laying out (in the shade), running several miles along the beach (Carlos, not me) and collecting shells. Sorry--no pictures, as I promised. Then we headed back home on our 3 hour train ride. Not bad, not bad at all.
1 comment:
I think your pictures are gorgeous :)! And holy beautiful place! Glad you guys got to see this.
Post a Comment