
Carlos and I were supposed to go to Paris this weekend. When we heard about the terror threat, we thought--hmm, maybe we shouldn't go? Vacationing where there's a chance of being blown up or shot at sounds very 007/Mission Impossible-ish, not exactly on my list of things to do before I die. We figured we could probably still go (what are the odds of being killed anyway?). But, it ended up that we had to change our plans because I have the primary program in church on Sunday. So as I've been reading about all of the strikes and hearing about further warnings to stay away, we decided that we didn't feel bad about not going. No matter how bad our program goes on Sunday--it can't be worse than getting shot at, or stuck in a French riot. Apparently Paris wasn't such a good idea. Besides, I'm sure I would have spent the entire time singing the Mission Impossible theme song and pretending to be a spy, and I'm equally sure Carlos would not appreciate that as much as he should. So, yea for primary programs!! And as for Paris, maybe we'll try again in the spring.
3 comments:
Ooh, you've just reminded me that I need to go watch the show Sabrina again. Good one.
I'm glad you chose to not get blown up this weekend, too. We like you guys, you know.
Oh those crazy french kids, just messing up your fun.
Love your pics.
an elevator? really?
So good to hear from our Portugal friends!!!! We miss you!!! and need to find a way to come visit you...How is the PhD program...and the sabbatical:).......
God Bless...love Ben & Allison Crockett
Post a Comment