Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Winner and still Champion!

March madness came to an anti-climactic end last night as UNC crushed Mich State in a nowhere near nail-biting game. I have once again landed in the #2 spot for our family tourney challenge. That brings me to a 3-year streak for ending up in 1st or 2nd place! (to the chagrin of my husband and older brothers, who have to put up with my uncanny good luck!) Congratulations to Jer--a formidable opponent with 99.8% accuracy! I don't mind losing to Jer, especially with a score like that! :)

Lest you think my brackets are based off of complex statistical equations from my favorite and most useful Stats 221 class (yeah right!) let me quell those fears. Here is my brief, and unpractical rationale for choosing the winning teams in the "Tourney Challenge"
1. Always choose teams with cool school names: "Villanova, Gonzaga--oooh, those sound neat!" and
2. Mascots, mascots, mascots! (the "Tar Heels"--need I say more?!?)

Now perhaps, you can understand the frustration of my husband and brothers...faithful NCAA basketball fans who know and understand the detailed stats of all the players and teams. I think they overanalyze it. For now, Carlos refuses to participate in this challenge again--at least I have 11 months to talk him back into it. But seriously, how long can my reasoning--or lack thereof--keep this up?

5 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations Alyse! I must say. That is pretty awesome and hilarious! hehe! I like your strategy. :)

Tami Allred said...

I too agree with you. I love saying "Gonzagaaaaaaaaa" don't even know where in the heck that school is but love the name. Congrats.

Lara said...

Haha, that is awesome. The one year I participated in the brackets I totally smoked everyone and I pretty much had the same strategy :)

P.S. - My word verification for this post is the word "sperm". I just wanted everyone else to feel as awkward as I did :) The one time it is actually a real word that is the word it picked!

kate said...

Alyse you crack me up! I miss you more and more every time I read one of your hilarious posts! You are incredible at the bracket game! I'm glad you win! I think it's awesome!

Tricia A. said...

Lyssey, good job beating the boys. Somebody has to do it! I uploaded new family pics on the blog. Love you!!