
The last few weeks have been a whirlwind for Carlos, as he's been flying all over the country for various competitions and conferences. Saturday he made it home from the Rice competition in Houston (where their team placed 11th--which is amazing considering well over 300 teams applied). On Sunday we were trying to recuperate from our late night Chicago adventure, and all of his traveling. Carlos had developed a fever, and fell asleep around 8:00 at night. When I came in to go to bed around 10, I accidentally woke him up. He literally leaped out of bed and started muttering "I have to go, I have to go!" Recognizing that he was still mostly asleep, I told him he was OK and needed to lay back down. He refused, and tried to push past me while looking at the clock saying "I'm late, I have to go, I have to go now!" He couldn't figure out why it was dark outside, and kept asking me if it was raining. I tried to convince him that it was still Sunday night and he didn't need to be anywhere, but he wouldn't believe me until he had checked his calendar on the computer. With an audible sigh of relief, and after I convinced him to take more Tylenol, he agreed to go back to bed. Poor guy. I felt very guilty yesterday when I had to drop him off at the airport again...I'm just glad this time it's a short trip! I don't know how he does it all. Let's just say...we are very excited for his upcoming graduation, and a much needed break!! (btw, this picture was actually taken in UT when we were engaged)
1 comment:
Congrats to Carlos. Sorry you were sick. How is the job hunt? Do you guys know where you'll be going after graduation? Sounds like a fun musical (sad that I love to laugh was cut out though- I really like that one!)
Post a Comment