Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Amsterdam

After church on Easter we took a train from Paris to Amsterdam. I slept most of the way but was awake to see Brussels and Rotterdam (mostly thanks to the cute little Dutch boy sitting across from me who kept kicking me--he was really cute though, so I couldn't be mad). We saw some glimpses of the famous tulip fields just outside of Amsterdam which got me very excited. After we checked into our hotel we went on a canal boat tour around sunset. It was gorgeous. Anyways, after our tour around the city we went to the Anne Frank House. It was probably one of the most beautiful ways to spend Easter, and it was very emotional.


The next day we traveled to the Garden of Eden, okay, not really--but it's the closest thing I can imagine that would look like it...the Keukenhof in Lisse, Netherlands. (Isn't Lisse the perfect name for the most beautiful place on earth? I may be slightly biased). Words won't do it any justice, so I'll let the pictures show you how much we LOVED it!









I can now check that off of my list of things to do before I die...(visit tulip fields in Holland) although I would just love to do it again someday, so maybe I won't.

2 comments:

Tami Allred said...

Stunning. I'm so jealous. My husband went their on his mission and he's never taken me there. Maybe someday. Love that name Lisse too.

Tricia A. said...

So NOT fair! So beautiful Lisse! Is uh-liss-ee there? She won a prize from the bridal show. You probably don't remember that msg. Missing you both! You are going to have to designate a wall in your home for all the fun pictures of your European Adventure.