Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Favorite Feature

I just realized what I will miss most about our apartment here in Lisboa...and no, it's not the wicker dining chairs and matching wicker coffee table (though that's a close second). I honestly don't even know what these things are called--I call it our t.v. doorbell.

It's just like in Seinfeld or "You've Got Mail," only better. Whenever someone comes over, they "ring up" outside the building and the camera starts so I can see who is there--sweet, right? I can pick up the phone and talk to them and let them in, or not (if I don't know who it is). Mostly we use this when Carlos goes out for his daily run. When he gets back, he will ring up and I can let him in. One day, after a long run when he rang I picked up the phone and instead of saying my usual "ola" I just whistled at him. Unfortunately for him there were a lot of people around right then (hahaha) on our busy street who either laughed or smiled at him. He was rather embarrassed and I was rather proud of myself. I now do it fairly regularly. Poor guy, he has to put up with a lot.

2 comments:

Tami Allred said...

You're funny :-)

brookelovesjay said...

Aww I miss your sense of humor! Looks like you have had an amazing time living overseas. I'm so jealous you got to see so much of Europe! With 2 kids we rarely leave the house let alone UT!!