School officially starts next week. Yes, in a week. Is anyone else shocked by that? I'm pretty sure that the month of August is still considered SUMMER? Remember, that hottest month of the year--that to me is summer. August is supposed to be a month of vacation--frolicking on the beach in San Diego; spending 8 hours a day in the swimming pool at home; reading those same favorite novels over you read last year; eating fudgecicles by the dozen (alright, maybe 1/2 dozen), and let's not forget those unending projects mom could come up with to keep us from ever getting bored. Well, no more.
Goodbye August days of yester-year--go back to school! Noooooo! As an August birthday I find this extremely offensive. How can they encroach on my birthday? My summer birthday. Well, at least this year I escaped school on my day--just barely! My suscpicious side can't decide if this conspiracy is parents secretly wanting more free daycare for their kids, or the government slowly taking over how much time parents are allowed with their kids. But that's just me being suspicious. Perhaps I'm just sad my days of wearing jeans and a t-shirt have come to an end. No more talking to my mom and sisters all day while cooking/shopping/photoshopping/etc. No more late night food channel perusing with Carlos. I'm so happy I was on the ball and got all of my projects done too! hmmmmm. Well, at least I have back-to-school shopping to cheer me up. Granted, it felt wrong to do that in July! (I just couldn't bring myself to do it). Forget bringing your teacher an apple (they're not in season yet)...how about a boogie board, sea shells, or beach towel instead?
5 comments:
that's crazy. school doesn't start here until right before labor day!
I'm sorry you're summer is almost over, just doesn't seem right. Right when you were getting the hang of it.
I had a seminary student that was done with school out here the 2nd week of June, then her family moved to Az and she started school last week. I felt really bad for her. The shortest summer break ever.
Oh the memories of summer breaks from school. Its been awhile since I was in school so I forgot all about that dreaded, yet exciting feeling of a new year of school. Good luck!
sigh... it starts aug 29th here.
aug 20th not 29th
Post a Comment