Being around kids, you experience all sorts of creative ways to wipe/blow your nose. They always seem to come up with new ways. Of course, we try to teach them to simply use a kleenex--not themselves, their clothing, their neighbor, their neighbor's clothing, their desk (or any other piece of furniture), and definitely not their teacher (that is never pleasant). :) Well, we've made a step in the right direction--but we're not quite there yet. The other day when I very subtly placed the entire box of kleenex directly in front of a student who needed it, he simply leaned his head forward and shook his head back and forth--thereby using the kleenex to wipe his nose. He just failed to remove the kleenex from the box before doing so! Not very effective. But hey, at least he used the kleenex! Don't worry, I promptly had him remove the kleenex from it's box. Kids these days.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Pass the kleenex, please!
Being around kids, you experience all sorts of creative ways to wipe/blow your nose. They always seem to come up with new ways. Of course, we try to teach them to simply use a kleenex--not themselves, their clothing, their neighbor, their neighbor's clothing, their desk (or any other piece of furniture), and definitely not their teacher (that is never pleasant). :) Well, we've made a step in the right direction--but we're not quite there yet. The other day when I very subtly placed the entire box of kleenex directly in front of a student who needed it, he simply leaned his head forward and shook his head back and forth--thereby using the kleenex to wipe his nose. He just failed to remove the kleenex from the box before doing so! Not very effective. But hey, at least he used the kleenex! Don't worry, I promptly had him remove the kleenex from it's box. Kids these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've never heard of that one before. Creative kids these days
that's funny...and gross!
That is too funny! I used to want to work in a school, but after reading your post, I'm having second thoughts! :)
Haha! That totally cracks me up. I just found your blog a little while ago. I can't believe you have a blog and you didn't tell me! Tisk, tisk! :) I hope you guys are doing great!
I am not sure I would have enough to laugh at or shake my head in wonder at if I didn't work with kids.
Post a Comment