Thursday, February 12, 2009
Freaky Friday
When I signed up for this whole marriage business, I was under the strong impression that I had everything figured out. They always say "marry who you want to be--someone who will make you better." So I did. Got the perfect guy, perfect family--Sweet, I'll be perfect in no time. Somewhere along my journey to perfection via osmosis, I had an epiphany, or apocalypse. Maybe I'm not turning into Carlos--maybe he's turning into me! (insert dramatic music here). Everyday I've observed some strangely familiar behaviors...the once extreme extrovert now prefers (or at least claims to prefer) staying home and eating ice cream while watching a movie; the phrase "that's awesome!" is used much too often; frequent calls to Sean Hannity's radio show (although, I have never really called) have been made; mimicking of my overly dramatic facial expressions; and he has actually used sarcasm (gasp!) on more than one occasion. I know that over time couples tend to develop similar traits, even mesh personalities--but seriously, does anyone want to end up married to themselves?? I don't. Unfortunately, I fear this problem becomes exponentially worse when you have children--which is especially apparent when those children learn how to speak! One of my darling nieces recently asked "why is it that girls are so much smarter than boys?" Yeah, they learn fast, so be careful! Good thing I'll be perfect before we have kids--ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment