Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Carlos!

In honor of my wonderful husband's birthday I thought I would share just a few of the many reasons that I love him, that most people probably wouldn't know about him.

  • Carlos is amazing at finding good deals--from furniture to food to concert tickets.
  • He's all of the grandkids' favorite uncle. (at least I think so) :)
  • Carlos writes beautiful poetry.
  • He requires very little sleep, but is always happy.
  • An excellent chef, Carlos appreciates a gourmet meal.
  • Carlos will almost always cry before I do.
  • He drives almost exactly the same way I do. (but he doesn't think so)
  • Borderline obsessive compulsive about planning--everything!
  • Carlos is always singing. He rarely knows the words to songs--but sings his own "version" with great zeal! (and more often than not he'll sing the instrumental parts)
  • His name is Carlos, and I love that!
I recognize that all of these qualities come from one or both of Carlos' angelic parents. I owe them everything for raising such a remarkable son. And I am so grateful that he turned out to be just like both of them! What a blessing to love and feel as close to them as I do to my own family. I love you mom and dad! Thank you for your wonderful son and letting me be a part of your celestial family! And Happy Birthday Carlos!!! I love you sweetheart!

4 comments:

J n Bee said...

Hey Alyse!
What a great catch you landed! I am so happy to see you happy. I have never met you, but Happy Birthday Carlos. Anyone good enough to marry Alyse is good enough for me.:)
Love you girl!
Brooke

Liz said...

Happy Birthday to Carlos! I'm glad you sent that email Alyse, I had completely forgotten about your blog. I've added it to my blog roll now so I'll be back frequently! :)

Julianne said...

How wonderful you married such a good guy. It sure makes you feel lucky, eh? I seriously can't believe how lucky I got; it sure makes me wonder what I ever did to deserve him (Although, for the rest of us, it's easy to see why you got such a good guy, since you are so awesome yourself!).

Jacob Miller said...

Happy Birthday! And I found your blog! Have a great afternoon.