Our sweet girls finally arrived, and we are so so so happy to have them here! I had a scheduled C-section but 3 days earlier I felt really weird (read: in pain). Carlos convinced me to go to the hospital, even though I was scared we would be sent home. We strolled (waddled) in a little after 11 a.m. When they checked me around 12:30 I was at a 6 and Baby A's water was about ready to rupture. Both babies were still breech, so a C-section was required. They got us into the OR pretty soon after that, and before 1:30 our girls were here!
We were surprised that they look nothing alike. They are so beautiful we can't stop admiring them. I still can't believe there are TWO! They have been really good babies; they only cry when they're hungry or really need to be changed. They've grown so much in the last couple of weeks, they hardly look like newborns anymore.
These pictures are from when they were 6 days old.
This is Baby B, a miniature of Mini-Carlos. Instead of calling her Mini-Mini-Carlos (or M.M.C.), we'll call her "Dolly." She was 5 lbs. 8 oz. and 17.5 inches. She's gorgeous.
Beautiful blankets made by Carlos' Mom
Meet Baby A. 7lbs. 3oz. and 19 inches of pure adorableness. Even though she was the bigger of the two, she had to be in the NICU--but only for a couple of hours. (We are so grateful they're healthy!) I'm still trying to decide on a pseudonym for her. Sometimes she's Andy, sometimes she's Violet. She looks just like my family's baby pictures.
*cheese cloth and sensitive skin don't go well together.
Vintage 1950s bed (it was my Grandparents')
Bows made by their cousin, Maddie
And let's not forget about our sweet, though feeling displaced, 2-year-old big brother. This sums up how he felt about pictures.
It wasn't all bad. We did catch a few smiles.
We are exhausted but having so much fun. We feel so blessed and so happy.


















7 comments:
They're just wonderful! Congratulations!!
Congrats. We are so happy for you! They are beautiful and you weren't kidding they don't look alike but they do look like each of their parents. I pray the Lord will be with your sweet family during this wonderful and difficult time
- much love your cousin Charity
Congrats!
Though after your names post, I really want to know what names you decided on!
Congratulations!! They are beautiful!
Hooray for you and your family! It's amazing how different they look! I can't wait to see them as they grow up.
They are so beautiful! Congratulations!!
Nice post!
https://www.plazarealcariari.com/2021/01/pinjaman-online-ojk.html
Post a Comment