I read this article today about sidewalk rage in NYC that I just have to share because it made me laugh out loud. I must admit, I definitely suffer from sidewalk rage--especially here in Lisbon. There appears to be a total lack of awareness for anyone around you for people on the sidewalks. Carlos and I often have talked about how there must be a conspiracy. Seriously--people walking in front of you will swerve so you can't get around on either side, and people walking toward you will aim for you, and generally run into you if you don't quickly move out of their way. (Even if they're looking directly at you). Then there are the groups of smokers who conveniently span the entire width of the sidewalk so that you cannot get by at all--and when you do finally make it through, you end up smelling like you've been smoking all day too. Sometimes I just walk down the middle of the street to avoid the sidewalks--which probably isn't the safest solution. I've often wondered what a New Yorker would do in these situations. I don't think I've quite gotten to the "intermittent explosive disorder" that the article talks about, not yet anyway.
I loved this solution from Improv Everywhere...
So honestly, I want to know...do you have sidewalk rage too?
1 comment:
That video is so funny. I can't believe how many people followed it.
Post a Comment