Carlos and I have a tradition of eating filet mignon for our anniversary. Unfortunately this year I was having serious mouth issues and couldn't chew a brownie, let alone steak. So we postponed our anniversary feast until our last night in the U.S.--thank you Ruth's Chris. I love you.
I love Carlos too, but he knows that. We spent the night in New York--enjoyed the food, the sights, but not hauling 6 large suitcases around the city. Never again.
The next day we took the red eye to London...
...and I fell in love with it immediately--and this was at 6 a.m.--so that means a lot! I want to move there next. The accent, the taxis, the red telephone booths, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Tower of London, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Les Miserables. It was unending--and we didn't get to see half of what we wanted. I thought I had died and woken up in a Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, C.S. Lewis, Harry Potter, Oscar Wilde, Winston Churchill world. All of my favorite things in one place! I was in heaven. I felt like Queen Victoria. I still get giddy just thinking about it.
That's me with the Rosetta Stone--well, the side of it. We had a blast at the British Museum and the National Gallery...Raphael, Monet, Picasso--amazing!
Best observed anniversary yet. After a couple days of this, and serious jet lag--we made our way to our new home in Lisbon.
3 comments:
You need to meet my friend Leslie. She is an anglophile like none other. She is an expert on everything English. She even goes to Oxford every couple of years for classes.
Check out her blog.
http://bardfan.blogspot.com/
You make me want to go! I love England, but only from afar!
What kind of mouth trouble? Jaw? Epidermis? I hope you're okay!!
Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures!!
Oh how I love England as well. London is amazing! Someday I will make it back there. Hey, maybe we should plan our next Speechies reunion in London :) You look gorgeous by the way in your pic with the Rosetta Stone!
Post a Comment