Well, we made it to UT around 9:00 last Friday night. After our 5-day trek we were ready to be done. We really miss our friends in Indiana, but it's good to be here with family. I will say, Carlos and I have learned how to travel well. We took our time driving across the country, stopping in Nauvoo, Independence, Liberty, Kansas City, Topeka, Denver, random towns across Colorado, and then finally UT. Tips for cross country trips:
1. DO stop in Kansas City for some BBQ. Jack's Stack--AMAZING.
2. There really isn't any good food in Nauvoo, so bring your own--at least not that we've found yet. The buffet at Hotel Nauvoo was good--except for the kids touching all of the food.
3. Always check for bed bugs. We found one (in Nauvoo)--I almost had a heart attack--but, we survived. Did I mention they're my #1 fear--they were before the trip, but now I think I'm scarred for life. Ewwww!!!
4. If ever you're passing through a city with a Cheesecake Factory--go. We have had a gift card for forever but haven't been able to use it until now---and yum!!! (p.s. their recipes are so easy to re-create--esp. their delish salads).
5. I love Mediterranean food. That's not a tip--but, if you haven't tried falafel--you should. We ate at a place called "Garbanzo" in Denver. Wow. Why doesn't UT have any Mediterranean food?
6. I-70 between Denver and UT is pretty scary--especially when it's pouring rain. Hello Rocky Mountains!
Alright, so they're almost all about food--what can I say, we love food. It pays to eat well when you travel--then you snack last. Well, in theory.
No comments:
Post a Comment