Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Not Louisiana; Paris, France; New York or Rome...but
Alright, I'm sorry to be slow responding to your questions about where we'll be going. I was waiting for a definitive, but that doesn't seem to be the way life works nowadays. :) For now our not-quite-official plans are to stay right here in Indiana for the next year. Yeah!?! Carlos is taking a job here with the Purdue Research Foundation. I say that it's not "official" because we haven't yet signed our contract or our new lease agreement for an apartment, but I'm 99% sure that we will still be here next year. Funny how things work out that way. Originally we were going to be here for 9 months while Carlos finished up his BS--now it will be 4 years! I can't complain too much (although the winters are deadly!), the people here are wonderful--very down to earth. I have a great job, and we love, love our ward! I'm starting to pick up on the Indiana accent, and now frequently leave off the "g" in -ing words (scary, I know! And yes, I'm working to correct that habit). I can't quite bring myself to say aks for ask, "ex-pecially," or "warsh." Indiana is growing on us, but we do miss our families a lot, and we're very sad that we can't be closer. My nieces and nephews are convinced that we live in India--and sometimes it feels that far away. (especially when they call from the pool in the backyard--so jealous!) We're sad that we won't be out by Kate and Jonny in Boston either--we loved it there last summer, but we're excited to be able to go and visit them lots! Who knows, maybe one day we'll end up out there? For now, Heavenly Father seems to want us to stay put, so we're working to make Indiana our "home sweet home."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great Attitude. I tell everyone out here that AZ and Ut don't need you, we need you out here in the midwest or wherever. Come visit!!
mike always gave me a hard time about saying ex-specially. now that i've molded into the utah-form of the word, i feel i lost a little part of myself.
we'll miss ya'll out here, exspecially since mike needs more violin lessons
we're sad you're not coming to Boston too but happy because we're sure the Lord has more for you to do in Indiana. It's so interesting how things happen sometimes. We love you guys and miss you lots!!! Hope to see you real soon!
Post a Comment