Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Curses!
So last night a member of the Bishopric asked me to narrate the Christmas program during Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. I'm not exactly sure why...other than that I'm a speech therapist, so maybe I'm supposed to talk clearly? Right. Anyway, I have this strange curse--whenever I have to speak in front of people (whether it is school/church) I instantly develop a terrible sore throat and lose my voice. So, of course, this morning I woke up with a sore throat, and now I am losing my voice! It doesn't help that our heater doesn't really work--no matter how many layers I wear, I'm still frozen. (I'm starting a new fashion trend at work--5+ layers, I call it "the frumpy look," though I think it just makes me look like I gained 20 lbs overnight). How do I get my voice back? I know the "correct" answer--lots of water and plenty of rest--not really going to happen. Any other ideas? I can only take so many Listerine Strips. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Peppermint or licorice tea always help me. As does a healthy boost of vitamin C (like that Emergen-C stuff you add to water). You know how to do good vocal hygiene - don't whisper, use your voice sparingly . . . sorry about your plight! I hope it comes back soon!
Post a Comment