We made it to the temple right at sunset...
Well, now that we're back in Indiana, reality has sunk in. School started almost immediately after we got back (hence the lack of blogging). Life has been as busy as ever, so it's so relaxing to sit and reminisce about a place that seems so far away now. These two states could be polar opposites, but I guess I can take comfort in the fact that whether in Massachusetts or Indiana, I'm still surrounded by people who can't say their R's!
I do love the midwest, so to be fair--here are just a few things that I am grateful to have here in IN:
--Open space!!! I love my commute to work--there's something relaxing about driving (without traffic!!!) past open fields...you just can't get that in Boston.
--Along those same lines..."right of way" actually means something here. (Traffic laws in MA are more like guidelines--that no one follows).
--Family and friends that live close by.
--A washer and dryer--I hope I will never live without these precious commodities again!
--Though I thought I'd never say this...our "retro" apartment. It's only 50-something years old (not 283 years old!)
--Less humidity (never thought it would be possible to say that either!)
And the list goes on...(but I'll spare you!)
3 comments:
Wow! That truly does look like the dream summer vacation. Your pciture of the temple is gorgeous! I would love to make it to Boston some day, I'll have to get the scoop on what to do there from you. Those kids who can't say their r's are everywhere! Probably at least 25% of my caseload are /r/ kids and I just got referrals for 4 more!
funny thing about Rs. We just got a new calling: den leaders of the 9 year olds. Only 2 boys in the class. Guess what, one of them so cannot say his Rs. what are the odds? I will have to resist every reflex to correct him on those wednesday nights. As for the accents that sound like speech disorders, try going to Barcelona where everyone has a /s/ lisp! ugh.
Ahhh, the hydrangeas! Oh, I love those flowers, and they're like a dime a dozen on the east coast, it seems, eh? Love your colorful row homes, how fun! But, NOT fun to be without a washer and dryer for the summer...boo! Seriously, it sure makes you grateful to get your own set back!
Hope you are enjoying your return to Indiana! And yes, I totally agree...there is something cleansing and refreshing about driving past cornfields, or wheat fields, on your way to work or the store or wherever and not being in a bunch of traffic. I get what you mean.
Post a Comment